Saturday, February 11, 2017

YoU "LIkE" ThAT?

A really good friend shared some things that made me think about what we will sacrifice for the things that we "like".

When you click the "like" button on Facebook, do you like the picture, the video, the sender of the post, and the sentiment attached? Or do you "like" it with an unspoken understanding that you reserve the right to separate yourself from some areas?



Do you pay for a movie and stay for the whole show despite not liking everything about it or do you simply walk out?

Do you vote anyway for an elected official knowing there's some things about him or her you just can't condone?

TV shows, clothes, comfortable conversation, people, comforts, cultures, music.....the list goes on.

What are we willing to compromise for the things that we like? It might be time to take a stand. The world is waiting.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...