Friday, February 24, 2017

ReLAtIOnSHiP OvEr ReLIgIOn

RELIGION VS. RELATIONSHIP. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!


Religion says: I will go to church on Sunday morning.

Relationship says: I need to go to church on Sunday morning. I'm very hungry. I need all the Word and fellowship I can get.

Religion says: I don't have extra time to volunteer for stuff at church.

Relationship says: Lord, please release me from the obligations I have added to my life so I can serve you more.

Religion says: Geesh! Another fellowship?

Relationship says: If I have fellowship with the Lord, I fellowship with others. I want both.

Religion says: I can't pay tithes. God understands I have bills.

Relationship says: The Word tells me to worship no other god but the Lord thy God. It is more blessed to give than to receive.

Religion says: Don't judge me. Only God can judge me.


Relationship says: We are allowed to judge a tree by the fruit that it bears. We try the spirit by the Spirit to see if it is of God.

Religion says: I do too much as it is. I need a break.

Relationship says: Christ has done so much for me. I can't possibly repay Him but I am willing to try.

Religion says: I am tired of the church and its hypocrisy.

Relationship says: I am the church and the gates of hell shall not prevail against me.

Religion says: These people can't tell me anything. We've all fallen short of the glory of God.. At least I'm not like (blank)...

Relationship says: Search my heart, O Lord, and see if there is any hurtful way in me.

Religion says: God knows my heart.

Relationship says: Yes, He knows how wicked it is. That's why I need Him more now than ever! I repent.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...