Wednesday, June 28, 2017

I WiSh.....




1. I wish the words "To Be Continued" were barred from all of our favorite TV shows. The only exemption would be if the program to be continued was immediately following it.

2. I wish driving while texting and using social media were outlawed in every state. People were stupid before Facebook. They're just stupider and more emotionally numb now.

3. I wish our children can turn on "children's programming" and not be influenced to become arrogant, snobbish, hateful monsters.

4. I wish James Dolan would sell the New York Knicks and retire to Afghanistan. He isn't Donald Sterling but I want him gone just the same.

5. I wish the well didn't have to run dry before people realized how good that water really is.

6. I wish Saturday Night Live would just give up the ghost. You're fortunate to see two good sketches per episode. These sketch writers don't get good comedy.

7. I wish gardening was a pre-requisite in all city schools. It could be life changing.

8. I wish all "mean girls" were forced to live in a compound with no mirrors, no makeup, no cell phones or computers, and no television channels except National Geographic, BBC World News, HGTV, the Food Network, and infomercials from UNICEF and World Hunger Relief.

9. I wish the New York Football Giants can win one more Super Bowl for Eli. Having him tied with Peyton doesn't sit right with me.

10. I wish big business can't so easily displace and destroy so many lives for the sake of the dollar.

11. I wish we could bottle the enthusiasm and jubilation of a child and force hateful old people to drink it so their lives won't be totally lost.

12. I wish the Marvel Universe could hang around forever but once they kill off the originals like Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man, who's really going to care about it then?

13. I wish the Church awakened to the reality that prayer and anointing, not programs and big signs, changes things.

14. I wish I could fly.....not with my arms but on a plane back to New York....a little homesick. Flying with my arms is ridiculous.

15. I wish people would be more respectful and reverent than to take the premise of God's love and use it as an occasion to hate and abuse.

16. I wish politicians were not allowed to have social media accounts then I could imagine that they are intelligent, thoughtful, and have dignity rather than reading a post or tweet and eliminate all doubt.

17. I wish everyone would continue to dream big and reach for the intangible rather than settle for the limitations of the tangible.

18. I wish I could go to a New York Mets game at Citi Field and not get injured. It seems to be a thing around there this year.

19. I wish I didn't have to give up steak and chili and burgers.....The struggle is real.....yeah, real hard.

20. I wish participation awards were exchanged for hard work and dedication. Most of the sports stars you cheer and root so hard for will agree that adversity made them better.

21. I wish love was the premise by which we engage others, build relationships, and live privately and publicly.

22. I wish Manimal was never made into a TV series.

23. I wish neighbors would care more about the communities they live in and protect them like they used to.

24. I wish more libraries and bookstores would open up rather than close down.

25. I wish my grandchildren will out live me and not have to fear that their lives will be taken, just because they're African American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...