Sunday, June 11, 2017

RanDoM tHOuGHts iN tHE mAnCaVE


Hi guys,

Today is one of those days where we spent almost all of the morning in corporate worship in our ministry and we have praised, danced, sang, and heard an incredible message that is primed for the time that we are in. Excellent.

But the week before was exhausting and that is the nicest word that I could come up with. I needed the rest of this day to just...well....do nothing. That is not what is actually happening but come enough. I thought this evening would be a great time to share some random thoughts. I am strongly considering making this a regular piece once or twice a month. (I'd love your opinions on that idea too. Thanks!)

So.....welcome to my mind! (This is the part where you turn away if squeamish or you have anything more important to do!)


  1. Honestly speaking, the NBA has turned into something that I can't stomach. The so called diehards will likely lambast me for this thought but I don't care. The current product might still be making money but it sucks....Not one of them can honestly say the NBA Finals (or even this year's playoffs for that matter) was remotely interesting. Unless their team plays in Oakland.
  2. I am learning to enjoy my writing and my posts even if people are not reading as much as I had hoped. My little world isn't half bad.
  3. I am really missing the NFL. A station that has the smarts to show reruns of old games all Sunday long will really have a massive viewership. All these other sports are just placeholders. 
  4. I am really ready to find out who the murderous A.D. is on Pretty Little Liars. I have invested a lot of time in this murder mystery and I deserve to be satisfied. I'm not feeling good about it with only three episodes left before the big reveal. (I'm a sucker for murder mysteries.)
  5. When I talk to my friends from my hometown, I am really conflicted about my allegiances in New York sports. My mother would tell you in a heartbeat that you are supposed to root for all New York teams and that is how she raised us. Some of my buddies think I made the wrong choice in picking one over the other. What is the right answer? Hmm...
  6. I am over the top excited about the upcoming Marvel movie, "The Black Panther". It comes out next year. It's not a "Black" thing for the record but it will have Black people in the movie in leading and supporting roles. Hope that's ok.  😏
  7. Man, do I miss home! I am wishing I can get a slice right now. And a beef patty. And a knish. And some White Castle. Oh yeah, I miss my mom too.
  8. I hear it a lot around the water cooler and in some other circles that people think the 45th President of the United States is going to be impeached out of office. I got to ask this. What makes you think that? What precedent makes you think this is a viable possibility?
  9. Does the news channels want us to pay attention to the actual weather news or to the female meteorologists? There is literally no way to do both.
  10. How many times can you watch your favorite movie before you get sick of it? I don't mean you  "Tombstone". I'm asking for a friend. 
  11. I'm reminded every Sunday how people view and understand commitment and how easy it is to use the name of Jesus Christ when it's publicly convenient but find it absent in our private lives. I think people really don't think He's coming back anytime soon. 
  12. Matcha Tea was one of the best choices I have made this year.
  13. More than a year ago, I was hammering out my first book. Now I'm sitting here waiting for my first book to be republished and I've already finished my second book with preliminary plans for my third. So, yeah, I'm bored. 
  14. I am wondering how I would react if the Michigan Wolverines actually won the National Championship. I watched them allow a team they should have beaten (Ohio State) to win and it almost gave me a coronary so I could only imagine what a title win does to me.
  15. The racial divide in America will never be repaired as long as people are still uncomfortable hearing how racist they are. It might sound like I am talking about Bill Maher but there are so many other examples a lot closer to home. 
  16. My wife spends more time in the ManCave than I do.
  17. Can a 27-33 team comeback to win a World Series? Beats me.
  18. I'm developing a love for gardening. It has nothing to do with fresh lettuce, carrots, big beef tomatoes, kale, collard greens, tarragon, green peppers, rosemary, garlic, thyme, cilantro, parsley, string beans, cherry tomatoes, and green onions that I don't have to pay ridiculous prices for.
  19. Charleston is known nationally for its friendliness. So the people of Charleston are friendly to everyone, no matter where they come from or how they look, correct?

20. I seriously question if I will see a New York Knicks championship in my lifetime. That would be epic bad if not.
21. I wonder if anybody even enjoy reading these pieces. I know I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...