Wednesday, June 7, 2017

WhEn NiGHt CoMes...


"I must do the work of the one who sent me while it is day. Night is approaching, when no one can work." (John 9:4 International Standard Version)

I love this verse as it consistently and effectively serves to ground me and give me that old kick in the pants reminder that we don't have time to lollygag and twiddle our thumbs. If you are a believer, if you are not a believer but are evaluating your life choices, or if you flat out don't care to change any aspect of your life and you intend to go out in whatever shape your soul has found itself in, we all have one thing in common: Time will determine if our works were worth it in the end.



This commentary on this powerful scripture fragment is equally as profound.

"Our life is our day, in which it concerns us to do the work of the day. We must be busy, and not waste day-time; it will be time to rest when our day is done, for it is but a day. The approach of death should quicken us to improve all our opportunities of doing and getting good. What good we have an opportunity to do, we should do quickly. And he that will never do a good work till there is nothing to be objected against, will leave many a good work for ever undone..." (Matthew Henry Commentary on John 9:4)

Throughout this blog piece, I compiled some of my favorite social media posts that speak to this same idea with the hopes that it will make you think about where you are and about where we are. Honestly, we can watch the news and hear and see the signs of our time and never even flinch.We have become desensitized and our hearts have grown cold. We don't run into the prayer closets anymore because they're filled with shoes and handbags. We don't hasten to get into the house of the Lord because we really need to have our java and bran muffin. We have gotten to the place where we hear the cries of injustice and see the suffering of others and we won't bat an eye or lift a finger. It's happening to us and around us and we are painfully, spiritually unconscious. Let this next passage marinate..

"Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not; but have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost. In the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. (2 Corinthians 4:1-4 KJV)

We are dealing with spiritual blindness and on a broad scale, it is not improving. People wag their finger at snicker at the idea of salvation and the judgment of God. They casually dismiss their health plans, chucking them away on a whim. They expose themselves and their loved ones without a care. There is literally nothing sacred. Catchphrases like "YOLO" and "You gotta die of something." have become the new normal. Our souls need more than just chicken soup. We need divine healing and a reorientation or we face peril on an epic level and set into motion damaging ripple effects towards generations to come.




I've shared some of my old posts in hopes they might inspire you. It's time to re-evaluate our life plan and think more solemnly about where we are and where want to be when our earthly account is permanently closed.

"We’ll have to fight for the good that we want. Want to see a stronger marriage? Healthier communication? Life-giving leadership? Harmony, joy, peace, reconciliation? A full heart? Justice? We’ll have to fight for them."


The weapons are there. Now we just need the will to fight. (2 Corinthians 10:4)



You can't help "save" those trapped in worldliness when you are afflicted by the same disease. Get free first then help someone else do it." (2 Timothy 3:1-5)



Can you reach heaven by jumping higher? That's just as ridiculous as you're trying to get there by simply being a good person. (Romans 8:1-8)



That awkward moment when you realize you have been putting all of your "valuables" into a bag filled with holes. (Haggai 1:6)



If your RELATIONSHIPS (with God, friends, family, spouses) don't challenge you to grow beyond your comfort zone, humble you unto tangible change, and teach you to treat others like you want to be treated, THEN YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!



For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. (Luke 9:25-26)



ALMOST doesn't count. MAYBE doesn't make it. HOPE SO doesn't hold water. KINDA doesn't cut it. Either you're saved or you're not : Don't die wondering! (I John 4:7-21)



If there is any doubt about where you are but you honestly know where you would like to be, please join us in praying this simple prayer of salvation. If you pray this sincerely and believe it, and cling to strong people of faith and an effective local ministry, you would have made a quality and life changing decision. Thank you so much for reading this piece and for listening. God bless you!!

"Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, I turn away from my sins that have separated me from you. I am truly sorry and I ask you to forgive me. I believe that Jesus Christ was born, died on a cross for my sins and was raised again in all power and I was raised with Him. I invite Him to be Lord of my life and to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. I accept the Holy Spirit as my comforter and consolation and proof that I belong to God. I want to do your will and love and serve you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen."






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...