Wednesday, August 30, 2017

thE QuiZ tHAt GoeS PoP

The blog is beginning to grow in readership and that is thanks to you so THANK YOU for subscribing and for following us.

I want to start implementing some new ideas for how to make the blog better. That's always possible! So I thought that we would veer away from the serious, thought provoking topics and just have a little fun today.

Who's game for a pop quiz?

I am going to give you seven different questions with five choices each. The options consist of three false statements and two true statements. See if you can find them. I will answer the questions in the comments if no one guesses all five.

If you like this, perhaps we can make this a regular thing or mix it up for some light-hearted fun. Thoughts? Let's jump in.




WHICH ARE THE TWO TRUE STATEMENTS IN EACH OF THE FOLLOWING?

A
1. I had a small role on the now defunct NBC soap opera "Search For Tomorrow".
2. My favorite TV show in the 80's was Manimal.
3. I did a commercial for Coca-Cola when I was nine years old.
4. My first audition as an actor was with the ABC's daytime serial All My Children. I walked up to the building and left.
5. I could skillfully play every soap opera theme song on the piano in the 80's.

  B
1. As a courier, I once delivered a package to a big record executive and I tried to get him to hear our demo. He slammed the door in my face.
2. Our singing group played our demo tape and sang acapella for the late Jam Master Jay of Run D-M-C. He gave us tap water to drink then he passed on us.
3. I used to play the guitar professionally but I just stopped and never played again.
4. I played drums in high school in the school band for two years.
5. I drank Kool-Aid at R&B legend Angie Stone's house during a meeting before she started her solo career.

C
1. I tried to teach myself the piano more than 15 times.
2. I was tossed head first into a swimming pool and was briefly unconscious so now I don't swim.
3. I blamed the legendary Charlie Wilson for the end of my music career for years.
4. I mistakenly walked into gang territory alone and was nearly murdered.
5. I have been to thirty major sporting events in my lifetime.


D
1. Orange is my all time favorite color.
2. I sung background for Mariah Carey, Yolanda Adams, Israel Houghton, and the Crabb Family, among several.
3. I've been to more than half of the fifty states in this country.
4. I got Queen Latifah's home phone number and called her early in the morning, waking her up, to ask her if she'd listen to my group's demo tape.
5. I'm a proud Eagle Scout.

E
1. I witnessed a hit and run but never reported it out of fear.
2. I'm allergic to both Peanut Butter and Nickel.
3. A girl I was falling in love with was allegedly murdered by her parent (s).
4. My best friend growing up was a professional boxer.
5. I was signed to an independent record deal as a singer/songwriter and recorded a full album.


F
1. Some of my best friends were members of the legendary singing group, The Force MD's.
2. My first paying job was at Burger King as a fry cook in downtown Brooklyn.
3. I was very close to trying out to become a professional wrestler.
4. I played in sixteen fantasy football leagues at one time during a season.
5. I was robbed at gunpoint on multiple occasions.



G
1. The first instrument played was a clarinet and I was a member of an orchestra for one school year.
2. I used to be able to make shots from anywhere on the basketball court.
3. I served six years in the Army National Guard.
4. I was a drama major in my high school and starred in several school productions.
5. I am considered to have photographic memory.


I'll post the answers in the comments every where this blog is shared on either Facebook or Google Plus. And I would be happy to clarify any answers if needed. I'm sure there will be questions. Happy Hunting!

THANK YOU again for subscribing and for following us. We appreciate you and if you got ideas on some fun things or thought provoking conversations you would like us to have, please send us your comments on Google Plus, Facebook, or the Twitter. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...