Thursday, June 1, 2017

cOnFeSsIoNs Of A sPoRtS jUnKiE


I confess that...when my wife talks to me when a football game is on, I don't hear everything she says.

I confess that...I can smell freshly cut grass and it takes me back in time to my first trip to a Major League baseball game.

I confess that...I have called out sick on MLB Opening Day. (Spoiler alert: I wasn't really ill)

I confess that...I used to sleep with a basketball in my bed.

I confess that...I'd watch a sport I don't even like just because it's sports.


I confess that...I'm addicted to fantasy football and am currently in rehab. Now I only play in three leagues instead of twelve. See, I'm getting better! 

I confess that...when I do watch a female tennis match, it's not just to hear them yell when they hit the ball.

I confess that...while the fans and the announcers are quiet during a golf match, I wanted to jump up and yell. I'm very competitive.

I confess that...I would want to see the NFL 12 months a year, showing no regard for player safety.

I confess that...I am still mourning the death of the NBA (1946-2013)

I confess that...I automatically drive faster when I hear sports broadcast on the radio.

I confess that...I do say "our" and "my" team and the word "we" excessively when I don't play for, own a team, nor am I on the Board of Directors for any professional team.

I confess that...an all sports network really sounds great to me as long as it's not ESPN.

I confess that...the day after the Super Bowl shouldn't be a holiday. That's just flat out ridiculous. Every Monday should be a holiday!

I confess that...I get mad when someone says sports are dumb and pointless. They clearly don't get sports are important in so many countries. It's dumb and pointless to try and explain it to them.

I confess that...hot dogs do taste better at sporting events.

I confess that...a life without sports in it is a life missing something amazing!

I confess that...I can life without sports but I just don't want to.


1 comment:

  1. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . .
    스포츠방송

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...