Wednesday, March 29, 2017

CoMfOrT KiLLs


#Comfortkills

Not popular.

Who doesn't love a nice, comfy recliner or getting under a nice warm blanket?

Perhaps you just don't like major change at all and things just the way they are without variation.

What would happen to the bed-ridden man that doesn't move every day for days, weeks, months? Many of us have seen that in person. I know I have.

What happens to a person that rejects "organized religion" and they can stay home and worship God all by themselves without purpose, functionality, or true yoke fellowship?

What happens to the "spiritual seeker" who retreats into the mountains to avoid any physical interaction in a quest to evolve spiritually?




The same thing that happens to the baby that never feels a mother and father's touch. Or a piece of fruit disconnected from its life-filled vine. What was once living, moving, and breathing will instantly cease to be vigorous and becomes disconnected.....slowly but surely, it expires.

I have really good friends that are comfortable never learning to type on a typewriter or a computer. I know some that are perfectly content with never having to speak publicly in a crowd. I even know a few that would not apply for promotions on their jobs. Staying where they are is enough for them. I can't imagine how these folks feel deep on the inside but I would have to imagine there is a nagging question once in a while: 'WHAT IF I......?" They may suppress it but it has to make a visitation in their minds here and there. We won't touch it in depth in this post but there is a direct and valid connection between comfort and faith.

Don't let your chapter end with you stubbornly sitting still in your comfort zone. Live out your moving, breathing, living purpose and be all you were designed to be, even if it costs you a hole, a nest, or a place to lay your head.

(Joshua 1:9; 2 Timothy 1:7; John 15:16; James 1:22; Mark 16:15; Matthew 16:24)

Comfort kills slowly. Our life is in our activity. This truly bears repeating. Live out your moving, breathing, living purpose and be all you were designed to be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

MiRRor TimE WiTh MisTAyu - InTrO

Hi, I wanted to formally introduce myself to you in this medium. I'm Yusef. My friends call me everything from "Yu" to "...